Preventative maintenance, also known as planned or preventive, is a maintenance performed on a vehicle regularly to reduce its failure. To name a few, some of the advantages of preventative maintenance are improved system reliability, better spares inventory management, saving time and money on costly breakdown repairs, improved vehicle functionality, its safety and more.
It´s important to perform preventative maintenance regularly. Simple basic procedures such as changing oil and batteries can be easily performed by you. Whole systematic inspection, detection, correction, and prevention of incipient failures is where you might need a professional´s help.
The preventative maintenance tips that you can do on your car yourself are the following.
- Check your oil and change it regularly. It is important to do to avoid the engine failure.
- Check your battery and if necessary, clean the contacts. This does not require much time and efforts.
- Check the lights and make sure all your lights are working properly.
- Check the air pressure in your tires.
- Check your engine´s fluids.
- Check the hoses, belts.
- If necessary, replace your windshield wipers. Apart from engine´s functionality, one of the top things to consider is your visibility while driving.
- Replace your cabin air filter, this is something you can do on your own.
- Replacing your engine´s air filter is a bit harder task. If you find it difficult, ask for a professional´s help.
While the majority of the above tips can be done by you, obviously you can´t perform the whole systematic inspection, detection, and correction. If you need help with this, at Pristine Automotive Center, we are here to help you.
We offer a comprehensive array of auto services in Silver Lake, Los Angeles and preventative maintenance, which is an essential part of vehicle ownership, is one of them. Maintaining your car with regular tune-ups, oil changes, brake jobs and other preventative measures will keep your vehicle running well for many years to come. You’ll enjoy better mileage, fewer break-downs and a longer lifespan for your car, truck or SUV.
Get in touch with us here.